Climbing Aragats Mountain
Trekking and Hiking
Aragats name is associated with Aramanyak – one of the sons of Armenian nation's forefather Hayk. According to another version, Aragats is named after ancient Armenian god Ara. Aragats probably means Ara's throne. During the
tour we also will visit Armenian Alphabet Alley and medieval Amberd Fortress. After we will ride on a car to Kari lake (3200m), and begin our climbing to the Southern peak of Aragats, when we can enjoy the spectacular views from the heights of clouds.
Early morning departure from Yerevan.
Without any deviations from the route, in the morning we will take a brief stop near the East slope of Aragats and visit Armenian Alphabet monument, which consists of 39 letters of Armenian alphabet made of local stone – tufa, and statues of prominent Armenians. This monument was erected in 2005 to the 1600 anniversary of
On a car we will reach Kari lake, located at an altitude of 3200 meters. This lake was formed by ice
Afterwards we will climb the Southern peak of Aragats under the guidance of professional climber. It will take from 5 to 6 hours.
Picnic in the open air.
After climbing and conquering peaks Aragats, we go down and on the Southern slope of Aragats visit medieval Amberd Fortress. It dates back to the 10th century and is one of the fewest
Arrival in Yerevan
Individual tour by request
|2-4 pax||5-8 pax||9-18 pax|
|AMD 65'000||AMD 80'000||AMD 100'000|
*Prices refer to
full car -
number of pax within specified ragne.
The price includes:
- All the transfers on a comfortable vehicle;
- English speaking mountain guide;
- Tour program, tour-map of Armenia,
- Drinking water in a vehicle,
- Around-the-clock phone support,
The tour price does not include:
- Picnic during the tour. Optionally, one can order a lunchbox,
- List of required things: backpack, waterproof clothing, mountain shoes, KIT, Additional warm clothing, food – in
orderyou did not order from the company,
- This tour is of medium difficulty and doesn't require any special physical preparation,
- The schedule and route of individual tours can be edited according to your wishes,
- Tour can be started from any place you prefer in Yerevan,
- It is not recommended for persons under 15 years to take part in the tour